SRQ Website Central endeavors to make its website accessible for all users by providing a barrier-free experience. This website is currently in the process of becoming compliant with best practices and standards as defined by Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) of the World Wide Web Consortium Web Accessibility Initiative (W3C WAI).
Our founder, Steve Dimmick, is also a member of the International Association of Accessibility Professionals (opens in a new tab).
Accessibility features currently being implemented on the site are:
- Skip to Content links, structural headings and ARIA landmarks are being defined to aid in-page navigation.
- Alternative text details are being defined for appropriate images and other non-text elements.
- Structural markup is used appropriately to indicate headings, paragraphs and lists to aid in page comprehension and navigation.
- Form labels are programmatically associated with form fields.
- Data cells are associated in a data table with their headers.
- Embedded documents and multimedia have been made accessible.
- Responsive design techniques have been used to optimize the experience for users who access the site at different screen resolutions and magnification levels.
We have also implemented the use of the One Click Accessibility plugin (opens in a new tab) to allow our visitors to control their experience with our website.
We value your experience and feedback. If you have any comments, concerns or questions please send them directly to us via our Contact page.
Updated: April, 2019